Friday, May 23, 2008

30 minutes?

We have an additional 30 minutes of ice time now due to all the leagues being done, so Coach Mike thought it would be good for us to do short shift drills at the end of class.

So, for 30 minutes we did 60 seconds on and 120 seconds off (3 lines).
It doesn't sound like much, but skating at full speed for 60 seconds while trying to actually play hockey was freakin difficult!
And...this was after a full hour of drills!


I almost have the backwards thing working , but I just can't seem to get my upper and lower body to talk to each other.
I will keep trying.

We have a great group of guys and girls and all of us who are the newbies to the sport are very encouraging of one another... celebrating the seemingly insignificant triumphs.

I am the sorest I have ever been after a practice.

Oh, and by the way ... 3 of the ladies recruited some guy the met at a local pub called the Kerry Piper ... he was in town for some bicycle race .. cycle-cross I think ... He actually did very well considering he had never skated before and was wearing equipment borrowed from one of the ladies that got hurt last week.

Keep your stick on the ice.

No comments: